Solway Investment Group is committed to the highest standards of health and safety, environment protection and sustainability. We also have a strong focus on local community relations and sustainable development.
Our primary responsibility is to promote and protect the health, safety, and well-being of all of our employees, contract personnel, and the residents of our local communities.
We are continually working to shrink our environmental footprint. To achieve this, we are gaining a deeper understanding of the resources and energy efficiency of our assets and activities. We aim to identify, reduce and, if possible, completely eliminate any significant environmental impact caused by our production activities. We strive to ensure that all of our operations protect and improve the quality of the local land, air, and water.
Integrity, transparency, cooperation, effective communication, accessibility, and mutual benefit are the pillars of our communication philosophy with our employees, customers, suppliers, government authorities, community members, and other stakeholders.
Our mission is to go beyond simply maintaining the status quo in the regions where we operate to enhance the quality of life locally by:
● Creating better workplaces for employees;
● Implementing efficient best practices and modern resource-saving mining technologies;
● Developing corporate environmental, social, health, and safety management systems for our assets;
● Building social and educational infrastructures designed to thrive;
● Supporting municipal authorities in the improvement of local roads and other infrastructure;
● Making financial contributions to support culture, education and sports;
● Supporting indigenous people;
● Making medical services available at the municipal level for both employees and local stakeholders;
● Being responsible and accountable to the environment;
● Providing environmental monitoring on a regular basis;
● Ensuring internal and external corporate grievance mechanisms to proactively manage challenges.
All of Solway’s international companies voluntarily adhere to The Equator Principles (a risk management framework adopted by financial institutions for determining, assessing and managing environmental and social risk in projects, as outlined by the International Finance Corporation (IFC), for all projects valued at over US $50 million).
Solway is committed to respecting human rights, according to the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGP). For this, Solway has developed the Human Rights Policy https://solwaygroup.com/