FOR SOLWAY MUSIC FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
FOR THE «SALZBURG FESTIVAL MUSIC CAMP» CANDIDATES
The International Solway Music Fellowship program for the youth art camp candidates is awarded by the participatory decision of the jury. The jury is represented by the Salzburg Festival Fund, creative team of the Opera Camps and the chairman of the board of Solway Investment Group.
Try-outs are held in the cities of Ukraine, Macedonia and Guatemala, where assets of «SOLWAY» group are located.
Children of employees of these facilities and also students of art groups and educational institutions, supported by «SOLWAY» group, are eligible to take part in try-outs. The age of participants is limited to 14-17 year olds.
Try-outs consist of two steps.
- First step:
- To take part in the try-outs an applicant has to pass the English language test, then shoot a video and upload it to YouTube and then fill out the application form. The video should be no longer than 90 seconds. During this time an applicant, using his native language, should explain why he wants to participate in the youth camp of the Salzburg festival. The hyperlink of video and test results should be attached to the application form on the try-outs website.
- The video should be uploaded on the application day and has to be “public” no later than December 1, 2016. By uploading the video, the applicant agrees to the following “Rules and Agreement” https://support.google.com/youtube/topic/2676339?hl=ru&ref_topic=6151248
- The Salzburg Festival Fund & creative team of the Opera Camps choose 15 applicants from each country for the second step of the try-outs. A confirmation letter will be sent to the email address given during registration. The list of those who pass the first step will be published on the website of Solway Investment Group.
- Second step:
- The applicants, who were chosen for this step, will sign an agreement, whereby they commit to taking an English language courses. The courses will be hosted by “Solway” especially for applicants. Approximate timetable is as following – three 90 minute lessons a week. Lessons will take place from December 2016 till April 2017.
- After the course each applicant will have to record a 90 second video, where he will introduce himself and communicate his/her expectations about the camp.
- Applicants will upload this video to YouTube and send the hyperlink to moderators of the fellowship website. Anybody can vote for the video. Online ratings are refreshed once a day.
- The Salzburg Festival Fund & creative team of the Opera Camps together with the chairman of the board of directors of “Solway Investment Group” will choose 6 finalists – 2 from each country. They will become fellows and will be able to participate in the youth opera camp for free. Results of online-voting will be taken into account, but this won`t be the main criteria for selection.
- The jury will choose fellows based on the quality of their story, the level of enthusiasm and engagement in the language studies, their level of English, their creativity, and their art, theater or music education if any.
- The final shortlist will be published on the website of “Solway Investment Group”
- Before their arrival at the youth camp all fellows will have to complete an intensive English course – four 90 minute lessons a week, for four weeks.
Important: It`s impossible to take part in the second part of the try-outs without completing the first step and all its requirements.
- What Solway Opera Fellowship Program covers?
The fellowship fully covers the following:
- Visa fee and documents processing for the applicants, whose countries need Schengen visa;
- Air ticket for the applicant (accompanied by an airline employee);
- Transfer from Salzburg airport to the youth camp and back;
- Accommodation at the camp;
- Medical insurance;
- 3 meals daily – in the venues previously approved by the camp administration;
- Local sim-card with minimum mobile traffic limit for contacting regional fellowship coordinator;
- 24/7 accompaniment of the fellow group by local coordinator.
Fellowship does NOT cover:
- Airport transfer in the country of departure;
- Getting international travel document (passport) in the country of origin;
- International mobile traffic
- Pocket money
GENERAL DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
THE SERVICE AND CONTENT FROM OR THROUGH THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). THE INFORMATION HEREIN MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. THE OWNER OF THIS SITE ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT CONTAINED ON THIS SITE.
User agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Owner and its affiliates, licensors, content and service providers, participating publishers, authors, dealers, and suppliers harmless from any liability, loss, claim, and expense, including lawyer’s fees and expenses, related to a User’s violation of this Agreement or use of the Web site.
All responsibility or liability for any damages caused by viruses contained within the electronic files or at the site is disclaimed.
This site contains links to other Internet sites. Such links are not endorsements of any products or services on such sites, and no information on such site has been endorsed or approved by the COMPANY.
- All remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, or other information communicated to the COMPANY through this site (collectively, the “Submission”) will forever be the property of the COMPANY. The COMPANY will not be required to treat any Submission as confidential, and will not be liable for any ideas for its business (including without limitation, product or advertising ideas) and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities that may appear in future products or operations of the COMPANY. Without limitation, the COMPANY will have exclusive ownership of all present and future existing rights to the Submission of every kind and nature everywhere. The COMPANY will be entitled to use the Submission for any commercial or other purpose whatsoever, without compensation to you or any other person sending the Submission. You acknowledge that you are responsible for whatever material you submit, and you, not the COMPANY, have full responsibility for the message, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright.